Dr. Sazzad Hossain, has been working as Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB) since December 2009. He received his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Portland State University, Oregon, USA. His doctoral dissertation in Quantum Computing takes background and ideas from several fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, computer engineering and biology. He completed his Master in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the same university in USA. He received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical System Network Engineering from Moscow Technical University (Popularly known as Moscow Power Institute), Moscow, Russia. Dr. Sazzad taught several advanced courses, such as Introduction to Quantum Computing, VLSI Design, Artificial Intelligence and Human Robot Interaction. He also lent his teaching and research experiences in many universities and institutes as a visiting faculty/researcher/guest speaker. His research interest includes Quantum computer, quantum algorithms, quantum entanglement, de-coherence, natural computing, fault-tolerant computing, theoretical computer science, Nano Technology, Low Power VLSI Design, Reversible logic, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligent, Robotics, Human Robot interaction, Renewable Energy, Solar PV Cell. His work is motivated by the belief in Darwinian Evolution, how the Darwinian Evolution evolved from some earlier evolution which could be only chemical and physical? Did Darwinian Evolution exist before the first living cell arrived? Can something be created from nothing? Therefore he believes that Darwinian Evolution results from Quantum Mechanical Evolution and may be other evolutions (chemical, physical) that were created in between. It is found in Nature that the structure of all organisms has been designed to provide the capability of solving a multitude of complex problems for both survival and growth, through instinctual, experiential, and intellectual means. Over the millennia, it is these capabilities that have proven an effective method of sustaining the existence and the propagation of natural organisms. Even as environmental conditions change, it is the continuous adaptation process of natural organisms adjusting to their environment, through evolutionary processes, which sustains life. Nature itself has proven its development of robust system design. Based on his research findings over 20 papers have been published in peer-reviewed international journals and conference proceedings. He is the author of a book named “Programming in C”. He currently supervises a doctoral student from Open University of Malaysia, Malaysia. He is also Adviser to ULAB IT Division.
Dr. Hossain has also been involved in various kinds of consultancy services in the public sectors of Bangladesh. A few of the current and previous positions are given below:
• Chairman and Managing Director, iZoom Ltd.
• Adviser and Deputy Managing Director, PeopleNTech Ltd.
• Central Council Member, Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), 2015-2017
• Life Fellow, Institution of Engineers Bangladesh
• Life Fellow, American Alumni Association
• Life Member, Russian Alumni Association
• Life Member, Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET) Ex-Student Association
• Chairman and Founder, Alternative and Sustainable Energy Foundation Bangladesh,2011-present
• Adviser, Bangladesh Innovation Forum, http://www.bif.org.bd/
• Co-Founder, Data Science Bangladesh, http://datasciencebd.org/
• Coordinator, IoT LAB, ULAB, DataSoft, ICT Ministry
• Secretary General, Central Governing Body,Old Faujian Association (Ex-Cadets of Faujdarhat Cadet College), 2011-2012